Revlet alternatives for launch, shell, externals, applescript, etc.

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Sun Jul 26 06:24:23 EDT 2009

I need to run Trevor's enhanced quicktime external in a revlet. At this
time, however, externals can't be run in a revlet. Not sure when that
will change... by the official release in September perhaps?

As an alternative, it would work fine if I could have the revlet launch
a separate Rev application that uses the external. But the "launch,
shell and applescript" commands are disabled in the alpha version as
well. I know there is an Internet Explorer "loophole" to start up an
application through javascript, but this won't work in Safari or Firefox.

Does anyone know when revweb will be able to take advantage of an external?

Anyone have any creative ideas how I might (at this time) launch a Rev
app from a revlet or an html page across IE, Firefox and Safari (or more
precisely, incorporate an external into a revlet)?

I suppose I could just ask the user to start up a separate application
when my revlet starts running, but this is not a very elegant solution.

Thanks.
Richard Miller