Revlet behaving badly in Safari

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 15:42:55 EDT 2009

Kevin Stallibrass wrote:
> I have a small (test) revlet that gets a folder path using the standard
> answer folder statement. The app works fine as a standalone on both Win
> XP/Vista and OSX 10.5.7
>
> However, building the app as a revlet gives me a problem with OSX 10.5.7 and
> Safari in that when the answer folder script is run, the correct dialog
> appears BEHIND the safari browser. Each time the code is run, another dialog
> appears, again behind the Safari window. The last of these dialogs can be
> closed but there is no way I can get rid of the earlier ones without
> restarting. Exactly the same thing happen with any command that causes an OS
> window to appear including when using   do "something"as Applescript  so  I
> presume this must a global thing that I'm missing
>
> There are no issues with the revlet running on XP/Vista with IE
>
> If you care to look, http://www.roberthorneprofiles.co.uk/apps/test.html  -
> try the 'Set' button but only press it once if you don't want to risk
> dialogs that won't close
>

> Your thoughts appreciated

OK, I deleted the obsolete RRE.app as per Andre Garzia's advice; and am
currently
trying to access your revlet at the above URL.

Have got the 'Finished stack download' to  which my comments re my earlier
Linux test-run are applicable.

At the top of the webpage it says "Test page for Swatchbuilder"

and the rest is a "nice, clean white" ; however, Safari has NOT frozen.

Sorry, no revlet.

It is possible that the word "issues" is used as crapulously here as
elsewhere,
as a mimsy, liberal attempt to avoid saying something like "Total
SNAFU".    :)