RevMedia Crashed

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 06:01:19 EDT 2009

tanya hosford wrote:
> just bough RevMedia, and it started to freeze when trying to write in
> scripts. the only way out was to shut down the computer.
> so i uninstalled it, and have tried to re install it, but it wont re
> install. what can i do???
> how do i fix this ??
> cheers
> tanya

I don't quite know what you mean by "bought" as the new version of
revMedia is FREE>

As it is an Alpha version you should expect it to play all sorts of
funny tricks with your
computer. But as revMedia is FREE that is the price you have to pay.   :)

1.  What Operating system does your computer use?

2.  What typeof computer do you have?

3. What are its processor specifications?

4. How much RAM do you have installed?

Until you have answered thse questions nobody is going to be able to
help you much.

I, for one, have just had a lot of 'fun' running revMedia 4a on a Pentium
III, 600 MHz, 256 MB RAM, Ubuntu 8.04 LTS with it drawing all sorts of
(actually quite artistic and interesting) artifacts all over the monitor;
also froze once, took 2 minutes to load the script editor, and so on.

So of you are trying "to squeeze a quart into a pint pot" like me,
expect the worst.