Website not allowing revlets

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Fri Jul 24 04:22:20 EDT 2009

One option if you just want "cheap" file hosting of any file type is
Amazon S3. It's not free and you won't be able to run any server side
scripts, but you can't beat the pay-as-you-go pricing. If you just
want a couple gigabytes of storage and a a couple gigabytes of
bandwidth every month, it would run you less than 50 cents:

http://aws.amazon.com/s3/#pricing

There are a fair number of FTP clients and a FireFox plugin for
managing your files, and you can always delete them and move on if you
want.

As an example, I've been hosting all of the files for SifakaWorld.com
on S3 for about $150 / month, and we're doing somewhere around
15,000,000 requests and creeping up on 1TB of downloads every month
(ballpark figures).

FWIW. There are of course a zillion hosting options out there, and
this is purely file storage. But it's damn handy!