Website not allowing revlets

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 03:44:07 EDT 2009

stephen barncard wrote:
>> How many hosting services are going to behave in the same way?
>>

> only the cheesiest. I have never heard of a hosting service do such a thing.
> What if one were creating their own file type?

I tried uploading a file;  Gorgonzola.cheese  and it didn't accept that
either.  :)

What I have done, constructively, is send a request to permit .revlet files
to the hosting service.

May be the first thing everybody ought to do today, after brushing their
teeth,
is see whether their hosting service goes "Moo" when a revlet is uploaded.

"only the cheesiest" might be an underestimation.

Prior to "landing" at my current hosting service I worked my way through
a whole
slew of providers; some who permitted JPG, GIF and PNG files ONLY!

Now, I am at the cheap (as in 'FREE') end of the spectrum; what is
unclear to me
is how a hosting service profits by restricting the types of files it
can host; especially,
as in the case of my service, where paying for an upgrade merely gives
one more
storage space, but no other possibilitis (i.e. no restriction on file
types).