cell-phone HTML form using post method

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 04:30:20 EDT 2009

To deepen the mystery a bit more...

Just now I had a thought, and made these two .irev files (the HTML
code is omitted here):

--> The .irev file that sends the data

<form action="data_receiver.irev" method="post">
<input type="text" name="muscatel" size="4"  />

--> The .irev file that receives the data

<?rev
put "The keys of $_POST = " & the keys of $_POST & "<br>"
put "REQUEST_METHOD = " & $_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD"]
?>

Sending from a cell-phone, the keys of $_POST returns empty, but --
and here's the part that's a mystery -- the REQUEST_METHOD returns
"POST".

Sending from a pc works fine for both the key and the request method.

And, just in case, I tried .html instead of .irev for the file that
sends the data.

So, to rephrase my question,  why is the global $_SERVER and its
REQUEST_METHOD key ( = POST) accessible to an .irev file but the
global $_POST is not?

Sorry for chasing my tail on-list with this, but I just gotta know!

Cheers.

--
Nicolas Cueto