dgColumnIsVisible

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 11:54:50 EDT 2009

I tried to add this as a comment on the screensteps site, but after
telling me I got the captcha wrong, the captcha mechanism froze up and
I couldn't do anything.

I'm trying to make a column invisible by the following command (after
creating the cols & data by script):

set the dgColumnIsInvisible[6] of pViewLongID to false

Having the reference to the DataGrid in a variable is not a problem
for setting the columns and data of the DG, so I wouldn't expect it to
be a problem when setting this property either.  But even hard-coding
the explicit name of the DataGrid does not work.

If I toggle the visibility of column 6 in the inspector, then I can
see the dgColumnIsVisible message in the message watcher, but not when
I issue the command.

Strangely enough, I put a breakpoint in the setProp handler for the
DataGrid library, but nothing would seem to trigger that (not even
setting the propery in the inspector).  I thought I should be able to
step through the code in DataGrid library, but apparently not.

Bernard