Terms: revLet, webLet?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 20:43:25 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 10:37 AM,
Eddie<UseRevolution.04.23.2009 at skippingpebbles.com> wrote:
> There have been a number of posts using these terms, but after looking at
> several of the messages I cannot determine what is being discussed.  A
> search for the terms on the www.runrev.com site does not result in any hits.
>  Are these two terms synonyms for the SAME thing?  Some of the messages seem
> to infer they are discussing the server based offering that accompanies the
> OnRev hosting solution, while others seem to infer they are discussing the
> plug-in technology that is forthcoming in the 4.0 release.

In the webinar, Kevin used the word "revlet" to refer to stacks
embedded in a web page and displayed using the Rev plugin. I think
when people use the term "weblet", they are referring to the same
thing, although "revlet" is the runrev approved term.

The On-Rev server hosting technology is different, but as just
demonstrated, the 2 can be combined and revlets can be embedded in an
irev page hosted by On-Rev.

HTH,
Sarah