[weblet] How can a webLet communicate with the hosting html page?

Robert M. rman at free.fr
Mon Jul 6 06:26:06 EDT 2009

Thanks André for this suggestion.
-- We're very far from the simplicity of using just one and only one
language as advocated by runrev!

-- I do find it is a pity that we cannot add user defined param. tags above
that would be turned into global variables by the plugin, it would be simple
and useful !!  example :

User global variables
	-->
	-->

Also this question arose, because I was evaluating the different ways to use
webLets in site-design. I was considering building interactive palettes
(sets of buttons) to be incorporated in dynamaically build web-pages, so
that pages can be adaptative in size, instead of a fixed size page we can
make with a revlet.

So it remains to be cleard if the size modification of a weblet is a
possibility using the stand alone webplugin mode (when the weblet opens up
in an independant window, which does not have the limits of the html page..
a little prayer!! )

I don't know what you feel, but I was a little bit over enthousiastic at the
annouce that revlets would be a full implementation of runrev in a web
browser. The fixed size AND the impossibility to have param. passed reduces
the usage to added gimmicks to a page!!?

Do I miss something out??