Is there a way to suppress https errors?

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 03:57:07 EDT 2009

This is from the more extensive libURL documentation (here
http://www.lacscentre.com/liburl/liburldoc.html#libUrlSetSSLVerification):

libUrlSetSSLVerification <true|false> (new in 1.1.1)

When set to true (the default), libUrl will use the "with
verification" form of the "open secure socket" command which uses
certificates set in the SSLCertificates property. When set to false,
the "without verification" form is used which enables encrypted data
transfer but without being certain who you're sending to or receiving
from. Once set, the property is in use for all subsequent requests
until it is set differently, so BE CAREFUL with this. (i.e. don't use
it unless you know what you're doing)
<<

Disabling SSL verification means you don't have SSL working entirely
properly. I suspect the truth is that somewhere there is a PEM file
that Rev ought to be checking, and when one has a certificate one
trusts, one ought to be adding it to the PEM file.  The reason that
browsers aren't complaining about this certificate is probably because
the certificate stores used by them do include a certificate to verify
this one.

Bernard