OT: looking for a good Zip Tool on Mac

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Fri Jul 3 06:19:20 EDT 2009

Hi Tiemo,

I prepare all my zip files for distribution on my Mac. Somtimes, I
need to create a zip file without Mac-specific files. I do this with
the shell and two simple Revolution scripts.

I have a stack with a field, containing the following scripts:

on dragdrop
    put the dragData
    put the dragData into myFile
    if there is a file myFile or there is a folder myFile then
       put myFile into me
    else
       beep
       put empty into me
    end if
end dragdrop

and a button with:

on mouseUp
    set the itemDel to slash
    if there is a folder fld "File" or there is a file fld "File" then
       set the directory to item 1 to -2 of fld "File"
       put item -1 of fld "File" & ".zip" into myZipFile
       put "zip -r" && quote & myZipFile & quote  && quote & item -1
of fld "File" & quote && " -x .* *.DS_Store *Icon*" into myShell
       put shell(myShell)
    end if
end mouseUp

Perhaps this will get you started to build your own GUI.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
Snapper Screen Recorder 2.1 http://snapper.economy-x-talk.com

If you sent me an e-mail before 21 June and haven't got a reply yet,
please send me a reminder.