Another SQL question

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Fri Jan 30 20:19:06 EST 2009

Hi all.

I am trying to find a way to query a table whose column is in a list
of values. There is nothing in any SQL book or manual that says how to
do this. It looks like they want you to build a complex SQL statement
like:

SELECT * FROM myTable WHERE myColumn = 'this' OR myColumn = 'that' or
mycolumn...

That would work for a few items but what about for a HUGE list of
several hundred items? I know Revolution has the syntax "is in" or
"contains". Does SQL have a similar function?

I tried "LIKE" as in:

SELECT * FROM myTable WHERE myColumn LIKE 'this,that,the other thing'

That returns empty cursors even though those values are in the table
plain as day.

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager
Logos Management