How to I fix the color picker palette?

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 15:13:34 EST 2009

All seemed to be well before yesterday.
Rev 2.9/ OSX Leopard

I was using Eric¹s new trial stack, changed the row color once, success,
then tried to change it again and got the following:

Rev 2.9/ OSX Leopard    behaved the same way as if the palette were open,
but none was visible.  I was able to hit escape and get back control.  Today
I tried to change the bg color of a field and got the same freeze, only now
there is no way to get control back.

Quick testing shows that
launch Rev
new mainstack, 1 new field,
use property inspector to change fill color = works
color picker is visible center screen.

property inspector still open,
dbl-clk to change again = freeze, menus disabled(gray) and requires force
quit

The same for text fill color.

revcolorchooser.rev  shows the mod date July 2008  20K

What should I be looking for?

Jim Ault
Las Vegas