Re-2: List Magic testimony

George C Brackett gbrackett at luceatlux.com
Thu Jan 29 16:38:12 EST 2009

Thanks for the information, Matthias.  I am a registered user of
ListMagic v. 1.0 and would appreciate it if you could send me the v.
1.1 that Eric finished.  I was only asking about passwords because I
was aware there were still bugs in the library and would have used the
password to fix them.  Eric and (anyone else for that matter) is
certainly acting appropriately to password-protect his intellectual
property.  I was an early Apple II educational developer and had to
watch helplessly as one copy of my programs would be sold to a school
district, which would then break the copy protection and photocopy the
manuals.  "But it's for the kids," teachers with bootlegged copies
would say to me when I complained.

George

On Jan 29, 2009, at 7:45 AM, runrev260805 at m-r-d.de wrote:

Hi Andre,

> Hello,
> I bought ListMagic too ; Éric send me the unlocker ; but, I don't
> get  the
> password for the librar
Why should you?. I cannot remember that Eric ever promised to give the
password to the customers.

In the FAQs of ListMagic you can find the following:

"Why are some ListMagic stacks password protected?
Three substacks are password protected in ListMagic to protect those
who have paid for using the software and, of course, their code is
strictly related to ListMagic itself and to it only."

> I like very much ListMagic ; that would be great if someone could (was
> permitted to) keep on this nice work and maintain the product; In
> such  a
> case, I would be ready to supplement the paiement for a ListMagic
> 1.1 .

Three days before Eric died, we were in contact about final
localization to german and about some bugs (e.g. script editor errors,
when placing more than one widget on the card and some other). He
corrected that and told me, that this would be the last corrections
unless there would be other serious bugs. He wanted to release a final
1.1 because of the integration of ListMagic into Revselect. The 1.1
version on his site is from 7th january and does not contain these
fixes. I have a version 1.1 from the 10th january, which  include
minor enhancements and also the mentioned bugfixes. As this stack will
run in demo mode while not unlocked, i do not see any problems to send
it to you, if you are interested.

The version 1.1 runs also as a registerd version on your machine, if
you have unlocked 1.0 on it.

Regards,

Matthias

subscription preferences: