playing multi-sounds

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jan 27 19:06:46 EST 2009

Judy Perry wrote:

 > On Tue, 27 Jan 2009, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >> Given the limitations of the old Mac sound architecture,
 >> and the flexibility of player objects, what's the upside
 >> to HC's method?
 >
 > No Players?
 >
 > ;-)
 >
 > No latencies?

True, the QT architecture is not known for its nimbleness. ;)

But aside from emulating sequencers (rarely done these days with
GarageBand and all the cool MIDI tools and real sequencers available),
how often does the modest latency introduced by QT affect things noticeably?

I'm just grateful I never need to spend another wetware clock cycle
dealing with the differences between SND Type 1 and Type 2 resources. :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World