Call for comments: Rev as a Second Language

Heather Nagey heather at runrev.com
Tue Jan 27 18:51:04 EST 2009

On 27 Jan 2009, at 22:37, Dave wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Well, to be fair, I think that:
>
> a) The £1000.00 was just to make me "go away" - which succeeded
> quite nicely!

That may be what you think. It doesn't make it the truth - which it
isn't.

> and
>
> b)  The £1000.00 was to actually do the work, (which, incidentally,
> had the same effect as point a!). I reckon it wouldn't take more
> than an hour or two. In fact if I had the code then I'd be willing
> to bet it wouldn't take me more than 30 mins to add the code and
> test it.

I am aware you thought this was a few minutes work. I recall
discussing it with you on the phone. In fact, it was not. What you
might think you could do and what our engineers *know* they can do
with the Revolution engine are not one and the same thing.

> However, according to the recent mails from Heather (nothing was
> said at the time) they thought it would take longer but I really
> can't see it, however, if it would take longer then I thought, I
> expected some technical reasons why it would take that much effort,
> e.g. some justification as to the cost.

It is simply not true to say "nothing was said at the time".
Unfortunately, we do not record customers telephone calls, perhaps we
should start doing so. I am aware that you can't see that it would
take longer than you thought. Despite our trying to explain this to you.

I have read and considered some of your other posts, but
fundamentally, I find them so unreasonable that I cannot find the
words to give you an answer.

> I get asked for quotes for work all the time, whether it be in
> monetary terns or how long it will take to do something. If I were
> to just say it will cost £1000.00 or take one week without
> justifying why, I don't think I'd get much work.

And if you were to agree to do three days work for the price of half
an hour, how long would you stay in business?

This thread is now concluded. I will moderate any further posts on the
subject.

Regards,

Heather