What Does Work Cost? (was RE: Call for comments: Rev as a Second Language)

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Tue Jan 27 18:14:16 EST 2009

Hi Dave,

> b)  The £1000.00 was to actually do the work, (which,
> incidentally, had the same effect as point a!). I reckon it
> wouldn't take more than an hour or two. In fact if I had the
> code then I'd be willing to bet it wouldn't take me more than
> 30 mins to add the code and test it.

Dare I add fuel to the fire, but a few considerations. I don’t know the
scope of the project. Something that may take an hour of work may take
longer depending on what expectations are. The coding may take an hour, but
testing and overhead considerations may take more considerably more.

If its something that will effectively be a "bug fix", ie changes to the
base code of Revolution, then something that takes an hour of actual coding
time is going to take many hours of testing and possible recoding time. A
code change in Revolution in some places can have a huge impact on other
functions of Revolution.

If you need something that can be solved in an external, then there are
several external developers on this list that may be able to get the work
done for you for considerably less.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Mirye Software Publishing