Call for comments: Rev as a Second Language

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Tue Jan 27 17:37:38 EST 2009

Hi,

Well, to be fair, I think that:

a) The £1000.00 was just to make me "go away" - which succeeded quite
nicely!

and

b)  The £1000.00 was to actually do the work, (which, incidentally,
had the same effect as point a!). I reckon it wouldn't take more than
an hour or two. In fact if I had the code then I'd be willing to bet
it wouldn't take me more than 30 mins to add the code and test it.

However, according to the recent mails from Heather (nothing was said
at the time) they thought it would take longer but I really can't see
it, however, if it would take longer then I thought, I expected some
technical reasons why it would take that much effort, e.g. some
justification as to the cost.

I get asked for quotes for work all the time, whether it be in
monetary terns or how long it will take to do something. If I were to
just say it will cost £1000.00 or take one week without justifying
why, I don't think I'd get much work.

All the Best
Dave