Launch document problems

Scott Pepperdine spepper at byu.net
Tue Jan 27 13:59:12 EST 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to use 'launch document' to open a .csv file in a
spreadsheet.  I keep getting the result of "can't open file", which
tells me the file could not be found, or is not accessible.

My script currently looks like:
on mouseUp
   launch document "c:/testfile.csv"
   if the result is not empty then
      answer the result
   end if
end mouseUp

I'm assuming that the file is not found.  I've checked for typos,
verified the file exists, used full and relative paths, used forward
slashes and reverse slashes, and everything I can think of.

If I double click on the file from Windows Explorer then OpenOffice is
launched and imports the .csv file.

I'm using Revolution Studio 3.0 on a Windows 2000 Pro workstation.

The task seems straight forward, but is defeating me.  Any hints on what
I should try differently to get 'launch document' to work would be
appreciated.  Even a testimonial that says it does indeed work would be
helpful.

Thanks,

Scott