Call for comments: Rev as a Second Language

Heather Nagey heather at runrev.com
Tue Jan 27 13:53:31 EST 2009

Dear Dave,

I recall the incident you are referring to. In the interests of
accuracy, here are some facts regarding the matter:

1.) You wanted some custom work done, which was not related to fixing
a bug of any sort, but was a change to a feature.
2.) You asked us to quote for this work.
3.) We spent considerably more than 15 minutes assessing your request
4.) We came to the conclusion that the work you required was not in
fact simple, and would take considerably longer than the 15 minutes
you estimated it would take.
5.) We quoted you the minimum we considered it would cost to implement
the change you had asked for.
6.) You declined the quote. You did not spend £1000 with us.

This was not in fact a support issue at all. It did not relate to
assisting you to write code, or fixing a bug, or understanding how to
implement something in Revolution. You wanted the way something
currently works, changed.

As most of the community here can testify, we do provide quite a
considerable level of support for free. Probably more than many
companies do. If you exceed the limits we set on the free support we
provide, there are some extremely reasonably priced support incident
options. Typically, we do not make money on these, they barely cover
the cost of the time given by one of our developers to resolve the
issue.

This is not an appropriate place to air grievances. If you have a
problem with support, please email support. None of the people on this
list can help you with this.

Please do continue the interesting discussion on Rev as a Second
Language.

Regards,

Heather

Customer Services Manager and Listmom