Check Boxes in Text Fields

SparkOut SparkOutYNY at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 08:40:38 EST 2009

J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Gregory Lypny wrote:
>>     Hello everyone,
>>
>>     I'd like to have functional check boxes at the beginning of each
>> line of a text field.  Is there some way to get the actual button in
>> there or would I create an image of both a checked and unchecked box and
>> then toggle the imageSource?
>
> I've always toggled the imagesource. Any other way is a scripting
> nightmare.
>
> --

Sorry to hijack this question, but on the same subject - is there any way to
handle the toggling other than stepping line by line through the field,
checking the appropriate item and choosing the relevant imagesource? I find
working on the field this way very slow.
For speed I'd like to do this in a variable and put the finished list into
the field, but you can't set the imagesource of a chunk of a variable, only
a field (that I know).
Is there a better way than I've got in my head?