where to put plugins, externals, under linux

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 26 17:03:01 EST 2009

Andre Garzia wrote:

"I don't want to keep them inside
the revolution release folder, do we get a "my rev enterprise" folder
somewhere?"

Why not?

I just downloaded  RR 3.0 trial for Linux and found that it consisted of
a compressed folder which when unarchived consisted of a single folder
called "3.0.0-gm-3": no fancy installers such as the one for Macintosh, so
doesn't plonk files all over your computer in funny places.

So: NO CHOICE - either put your plugins in the 'Plugins' folder or
do without. Just popped a stack in their, and it now shows up in
the plugins folder. Just the same as Runtime Revolution 2.2.1 for
Linux I normally rely on when I have an attack of the penguins.

Personally I prefer this: nice to keep everything is one, easily
accessible place.

Love, Richmond.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.