Lateral Thinking . . .

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 26 14:56:53 EST 2009

Jacqueline Landman Gay wrote:

"the MC docs have not been updated for six or eight years.
Some of it is incorrect now, and much of it is incomplete. It's good for
a quick lookup but I wouldn't rely exclusively on it."

Which I am sure is quite true. But then I have learnt never to rely
exclusively on anything.

What I did learn, when trying to find out about the STYLE of
BUTTONs is that the Runtime Revolution Documentation is also
incomplete (err, as if I didn't know that already).

However, I do think it is useful to have the Metacard Help files
to hand as an "extra fouling-piece" in one's armoury. And, Hey,
a blunderbuss, although dated, sometimes has its uses :)

AS many people will be aware I have 'ported' quite a few components
of the Metacard IDE for use with Runtime Revolution, working on the
theory that more is often better, and that as it took shooting,
killing and drowning to finally finish off Grigori Rasputin why not
go for full-on overkill with Runtime Revolution.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.