Lateral Thinking . . .

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 26 04:45:48 EST 2009

There have been quite a few 'grumps' about aspects of the Runtime
Revolution documentation over the years. Obviously the developers
in Edinburgh have got their hands full - otherwise some of those
'grumps' would have been ironed out a while ago.

Today I got stuck, so went back to the Metacard help system,
which, surprisingly enough, answered my question almost
instantly and in an easily understandable fashion.

So I have popped the mchelp.mc stack into my plug-ins folder,
after changing its .mc suffix to .rev. Now don't have to go
fossicking around my hard-drives (err, 1.7 Terabytes on 4
drives chopped up into 9 partitions) everytime I need it:
Why, Oh Why, I didn't think of that years ago beats me.

Go on, you can do it too:

http://www.hot.com.my/metacard/

download 'stacks.tgz', decompress, change the suffix of
mchelp.mc to .rev

What a way to go! A supplementary help system for FREEEEEEEE!

sincerely, Richmond Matthewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.