Snapshot stack (was: Import from rect)

Wilhelm Sanke, FB01 sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Sun Jan 25 13:46:09 EST 2009

On Sat Jan 24, 2009, Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com wrote:

> This is a good observation and study of the inner workings of
> snapshots. There are many variations in effects that can be
> accomplished here. I especially like the explanation of what I was
> troubled with at first that the first rect in parens is the size and
> the second is the location. I think the global location can use a bit
> more explanation. I will be playing with this for a bit.

Tom,

Thank you for the feedback.

I have added four commented lines to the script of btn "Globalloc..." that shed
some light on the procedure to convert rect values to global coordinates.
It is interesting that using *globalloc()* to determine snapshots is so much
faster - about five times as I have reported - than using "import snapshot from
the rect(the rect of grc 1) of this card". For applications or tools where speed
is an issue and where snapshots are used repeatedly the globalloc variant should
be helpful.

I have also added the text of my last post as a basic information to the stack,
and already have uploaded the newer version under the same URL as before.

Regards,

--
Wilhelm Sanke
<www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>