problems with Cyrillic input on Windows standalone

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 15:43:30 EST 2009

Кой е Ричард? Аз сьм Ричмънд! Няма нищо - това е един обикновен проблем.

But, besides that; my experience tells me always to use unicode.
While Cyrillic generally works on a Mac without using unicode,
things tend to foul up elsewhere. Outwith the unicode system there
are lots of competing and conflicting Cyrillic mappings that are
a minefield for the likes of Thee and Me.

I have used image files saved as groups with scrollbars in the
past to guarantee that the end-user doesn't end up with
gobbledegook.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson (Джон Ризмънд Матюсън)

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.