stupid question

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Fri Jan 23 20:40:34 EST 2009

Hi Joe,

Sure, it is very well possible to create website with Revolution.
There are several people on this list who use Rev CGI to serve a
dynamic website. Although I use PHP increasingly often, I have used
Revolution in several cases to create static websites, such as
<http://runrev.info> and <http://economy-x-talk.com/testshop/>. This
one <http://runrev.info/error.html> is powered by Rev CGI.

I have also created a simple html editor for a client. In combination
with revBrowser, it is a very nice little tool. Btw I still use
HyperCard to create simple file lists when I want to share some files
on-line without making a site. There is also Rev On Rockets (is that
the name?) by André, which is a complete server. I made a similar
tool, but that was for serving a particular database.

Generally, I think that most people create a template and fill either
dynamically using Rev CGI or with a Rev-based tool to create a static
website. Even if Rev is used as an actualy web server, people
probably still use a template to fill that dynamically.

Filling out a template is simple. Just make a file similar to

***

Read this template from a text file and replace *** with the content
of your site. Now send the modified data to the requesting client.

Now you probably need to decide whether you want to set up a Rev-
based server with a dynamic website or want to create a static
website with Revolution which you upload to a server...

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Download at http://www.salery.biz

P.S. You don't win the prize for most stupid question of the day ;-)

Op 24-jan-2009, om 2:20 heeft Joe Lewis Wilkins het volgende geschreven: