Sucking the Marrow from Macintosh Apps

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Fri Jan 23 11:39:20 EST 2009

On 23 Jan 2009, at 15:16, Richmond Mathewson wrote:

> Dave "looking to windward" wrote:
>
> "No need to rename the file, just control click on it and you will see
> "Open package contents" as an option. In fact renaming the file could
> cause all kinds of other problems."
>
> Of course.
>
> However, that will not allow you to import folders of resources into
> Runtime Revolution.
>
> I suggest removing the .app suffux from a copy of whichever
> application
> you wish to cannibalise.

Yes, it will, you just write a Script in RunRev that gets the current
path of the .app file, then just accesses it like it's a folder,
e.g. /FULL/PATH/TO/APP/myApp.app/Contents/.....

Then access any or all files/folder in the package to your hearts
content, as I said, no need to rename the file and it is dangerous to
do so.

All the BEst
Dave