RUNREV Technical support

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jan 22 12:56:58 EST 2009

camm29 at tesco.net wrote:
> Thomas ,
>
> Thank you for your ideas , this is far more constructive than
> "We can't duplicate your error"

During the course of our many emails, here are the things I asked to you
to try:

1. Try building a standalone on a different machine

2. Change the convoluted scripting structures; remove unnecessary
references to "call"

3. Boot in safe mode and try it again

4. Check for duplicate stacks using Application Browser
(Reply: SB adds duplicates during build, then errors and built stack
remains open with dialogs already installed.)

5. Check for a permissions issue, a full-disk issue, or any other thing
that would prevent the stack from being written to disk.

6. Re-download the RR distribution and try re-installing. (I probably
should have specifically mentioned, though, that you should not add in
any third-party plugins until after testing. I was assuming a clean
install.)

7. Try a work-around: leave those extra dialog stacks inside your
mainstack, then *uncheck* the ask/answer dialogs in the SB. Make sure
you disallow scanning for inclusions in the SB, just tell it what to
include manually. The SB will build your standalone without trying to
add new copies, and your standalone should have the dialogs that were
previously added.

> I did inform RUNREV about the error message " Answer Stack already in memory "
> that has been a problem for other users.
> They could at least explain the trigger for this REV error message.

Until RR can reproduce the problem, they can't know what the trigger
actually is.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com