SQL varieties

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Thu Jan 22 11:27:53 EST 2009

Hi Sara,

> My system is going to be a relatively small database and not
> subject to heavy usage, if that makes any difference to the
> recommendations.

How small is small?

For just a few thousand records, often it really doesn't matter what you use
- a performance based query isn't going to make a lot of difference on a
tiny data store (which is why Im not pushing you towards Valentina).

Postgre has free going for it, without a lot of concerns that come up with
the "free" of MySQL. It also has the advantage of being a network ready
database.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President