Legacy project problem

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jan 21 21:00:03 EST 2009

Kay C Lan wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 5:21 AM, Mark Swindell <mdswindell at cruzio.com>wrote:
>

>>  Must one remove modern features to build backwards functionality?
>>

> I would have thought that would have been a given. I'd have also thought
> that Rev would have warned you if you tried to use 3.0 features in a Legacy
> format. Don't know, haven't ventured down that path.

It doesn't. I was embarrassed once to enter a bug report into the QCC
reporting that a feature didn't work. Mark responded that I'd saved the
stack in legacy format and used 3.0 features in it. I felt so dumb.

I believe the "save" command just uses the system API and does a blind
write operation, the same as any other binary file.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com