RUNREV Technical support

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jan 21 13:25:17 EST 2009

camm29 at tesco.net wrote:
> These lists are great and many issues are solved by all involved.Thank you.
> No complaints !
>
> My question is , what should we expect from RUNREV SUPPORT , you know those
> guys who charge us for the Software !
>
> My experience since using Rev is lack of real support compared with other Software suppliers.
>
> I have raised bugs and tickets etc..

Just to add some info:

You wrote to support about this problem first on Dec 1, 2008. You
received a response within 24 hours. Following that was an interchange
of 19 emails over the next two weeks, plus another three internal notes
which you did not see. We actively worked on your issue for two weeks. I
could not repeat your experience, even with the example stack you sent.
Members of this list also cannot reproduce the problem (except for one
who had GLX installed, which you do not.)

You correctly opened a bug report about the problem at my suggestion,
and so far the team has not been able to see the issue either. We have
spent dozens of hours on your problem, at no charge, and cannot
reproduce it so we don't know why it is happening. Therefore we can't
fix it.

We never asked you to pay, or to purchase a support incident. Since this
issue has, so far, affected only you, your priority in the bug fix queue
is low. You could raise your priority by purchasing a support incident,
which would give you the full attention of one of the engineers. But
since it isn't happening to anyone else, it isn't likely that this bug
will be fixed ahead of others that are affecting many users.

Can you think of anything else we can do?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com