Can anybody HELP !!

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jan 19 13:50:38 EST 2009

Colin Holgate wrote:
> I just read over the previous messages in this thread (harder to do than
> you would think, if you've already deleted the messages!). There's one
> point of confusion that might be worth asking about. In the original
> message 'camm' said that the problem only happened when setting a
> password in the standalone settings, but then in the next message
> corrected that to say the problem only happens in "ANSWER" is used in
> the script.
>
> So which of those two is it? Most of the replies gave advice based on it
> being to do with having a password. It would be very hard to reproduce
> the problem if you are doing the wrong steps.

Both. If any script in the stack uses the "answer" command and a
password has been set in the standalone builder, on Camm's machines the
standalone will fail. What I think may be happening is some sort of
conflict that prevents the answer dialog from appearing, but since it is
a standalone, the failure is silent.

The sample stack he sent to the support queue had some very convoluted
script messaging. I wondered if that was the cause and suggested some
simplification techniques, but I didn't hear back about that.

At any rate, even with the existing scripts, I was able to build and use
his sample standalone normally, even after adding a password to the SB.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com