Printing multiple pages

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 18:20:34 EST 2009

> I have a script that splits a report into multiple pages and tries to
> print them one by one. I have a single field that displays the data,
> then I have tried various ways to get the pages to print. I want to
> queue all the pages and have them all print at once.
>
> My basic script is:
>
>    repeat with x = 1 to tPageCount
>        displayPage x
>        print this card
>        --   revPrintField the long name of fld "Report"
>        --  revPrintText the htmltext of fld "Report", , ,the long
> name of fld "Report"
>    end repeat
>
> As you can see, I have tried using revPrintField and revPrintText but
> had to settle on "print this card".
> revPrintField and revPrintText both worked the first time, but after
> that, they only printed the last page.
> "print this card" seems to work every time, but I have to resize the
> stack while printing, and it seems slower.

OK, found my mistake. I had assumed that "open printing" would queue
up any print jobs until "close printing". However it only works for
printing cards, not for for revPrintText or revPrintField. It would be
good if it did, but since I now realise that it doesn't, I'll work out
a different method.

However I will be putting in an enhancement request to make it work
for any print queue.

Cheers,
Sarah