La communaut é Revolution est en deuil

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Jan 18 18:18:04 EST 2009

> Je viens d'apprendre que Éric Chatonet est décédé
> mercredi. Toutes mes
> pensées vont à son fils et sa famille.

I had the sincere pleasure of meeting Eric at EuroRevCon 06 in Malta.  As
folks who attended know, this was a difficult trip for me to make as my
flights out of the US were canceled the same day I was to leave, and I had
to decide at the airport whether to abandon the trip all together, or try to
work out alternate flights/travel myself.  Fortunately, I chose the latter
option, and eventually made my way to Malta and the conference.

It was such an enjoyable experience meeting Eric in person after having
exchanged emails for so long on the RunRev mail list.  He was a very
charismatic person, warm, passionate about his work and Revolution, and yet
at the same time, very humble, and gracious about his talents and his
contributions to the community.  We shared some of the most memorable talks
about art, differences between French and US culture, wine, and of course
programming and design.

Throughout our time in Malta, he continually spoke in English, while I could
barely muster a few token French phrases.

I will miss you, mon ami.

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design