Reference Function Name Via Variable?

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Thu Jan 15 22:56:25 EST 2009

Scott,

I think the two major options - do / value or using an extra parameter
are already out there, but one more pattern that might work for you is
something like this:

setFunctionMode "function3b"
put someFunction(a, b, c) into someValue

You would call setFunctionMode once, and until you changed it again,
your generic function would operate in that mode. This could work well
if you want to be able to flip modes for a whole stack at a time. If
you want to mix a lot of custom functions all at once, it's probably
easier to just use an extra parameter.

HTH