Ideas?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Jan 15 19:50:43 EST 2009

Hi Generic Email :-)

I posted this to the forum yesterday (still today, for some people on
this list): "There are a few installer packages available for Windows.
[...] Examples are InnoSetup, InstallGadget and something new that was
recently mentioned in the Revolution newsletter. Economy-x-Talk has a
special service in this respect. We have a special procedure to make
custom installers for people with special wishes. "

For your project, I'd probably recommend Inno Setup, because it is
simple and free. For Mac, there is of course PackageMaker.app, which
is probably the easiest solution for Mac next to telling people to
copy the entire standalone into the Application folder. For Linux, I'd
assume that people are familiar with installing software manually,
although you could create an installer. I am not aware of a good
installer for Linux that is freely available, but I expect your
favorite search engine can find one for you.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz
Dutch forum: http://runrev.info/rrforum

We are always looking for new projects! Feel free to contact us to
discuss your custom software project!