64bit and pieces--REV in 64-bit Ubuntu indeed works after installing 32-bit libraries

vram chemrama at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 19:10:30 EST 2009

Answering my own questions!

1. How to add 32 bit libraries (Ubuntu 8.10 64 bit):
sudo apt-get install ia32-libs

2. Do rev standalones work then?
Yes, works like a charm.

If you are curious as to why I needed rev to work in 64-bit linux, I am
running a  new MacBookPro as a triple boot (Mac OSX, Ubuntu Linux, WinXP)
machine and would like to develop and test all versions on the same
(physical) machine...

thanks for all the pointers in previous posts above -- they really helped!