Using rev with -ui flag

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jan 14 13:25:37 EST 2009

Ben Rubinstein wrote:
> Thanks for the replies Jacque (and Mark).
>
> You wrote:
>> If there's a problem, it should show up in the error log.
>
> I'm probably being stupid, but what log would that be (on either Mac or
> Linux)?  (BTW I possibly didn't make clear that this isn't in a CGI
> context - this is a standalone app.)

Oh! I've never heard of using the -ui flag in a standalone so I assumed
it was a CGI. The log I meant was the system error log in
/var/httpd/error_log -- that's the one that CGI errors go to. I don't
know if it would be the same for a standalone, but it's worth a look I
guess.

>> Some native Revolution commands that don't work (and may hang your
>> script) are:
>>     * create stack (or any file creation) - CGI permissions restriction
>
> Does that apply even if running as an ordinary standalone, not as CGI?

No, probably not. If the folder has write permissions then it should
work fine.

> I've opened BZ #7620 to request actual documentation (gasp!) of command
> line options, and included a reference back to Mark's note as the
> nearest there is to RunRev documentation at present.

Imagine. Real documentation. What a concept. :)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com