Using Rev over X11

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Wed Jan 14 07:09:55 EST 2009

Luis wrote:
> I haven't used it over X11 but it works well over VNC.
> I'm thinking of trying Remote Desktop (the MS app on the Mac) as Ubuntu
> also has rdp: I've found that performs better than VNC in a lot of cases
> (I've done rdp from Linux to Windows and vice versa and it works very
> well).

It works fine (since 2.9) over Remote Desktop (including using Mac RDC),
including to a Linux box running RDP.  In my experience it's vastly more
usable over RDP than over VNC (I'm not sure if that's a Rev issue, or a VNC one).

However, over X11 Rev behaves very poorly, arguably even worse than it did
under RDP until 2.9 fixed that.

Unless anyone knows the magic incantations to make it work well over X11, I'll
bugzilla this.

- Ben