Rev on Ubuntu

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 15:12:31 EST 2009

All my stacks have been run successfully on Ubuntu 5.10 - 8.04.

Mind you, most of them are 'bread-and-butter' stuff.

Experience has taught me:

1. No movies.
2. No embedded sound files.
3. Never churn out generic Linux standalones from a version of
   Runtime Revolution working on another platform.
4. Always compile standalones on the target platform.
5. Don't believe that there is ONE Operating System called Linux:
   there isn't; it is almost as problematic as Karate schools.

Personally I believe the use of the word LINUX does more harm than good;
better to refer to DSL, MINT, FEDORA, RED HAT, UBUNTU by name (while
noting that they are Linux variants if you wish). 'Linux' has somehow
acquired all sorts of "wierdo" semantics. When the kids in my school
use the computers they really don't know what they run on (except for
the stickers saying UBUNTU) as it does not affect them directly.
To install a lot of Linux variants is as easy or easier than installing
Windows. Continuing to use the term LINUX merely serves to enforce
stereotypes plugged by Apple and Microsoft lovers.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.