unicode in "ask" and "answer"

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Jan 12 13:04:20 EST 2009

On Jan 12, 2009, at 10:50 AM, Mark Schonewille wrote:

> Hi Viktoras,
>
> This is currently impossible, AFAIK (but there might be a trick I
> don't know about). You will need to create your own file dialog if you
> want to use a unicode string in the prompt.

Just to echo Mark, I don't know of a way to do this, because Rev
simply calls a standard open file dialog directly from the OS, whereas
ask and answer use a Rev stack as the dialog box. Unless there is some
way to call these standard OS dialogs using AppleScript or VB that
allows you to specify a unicode title, I don't see how it could be
done from Rev.

> I am working on a fully Unicode-compatible file browser for
> Revolution, but I haven't had much time to work on it lately.

Hope you get a chance to work on this, Mark!

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University