Any idea for a workaround of a brush tool crash?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Mon Jan 12 04:58:51 EST 2009

Hello,

I am a little bit at a loss of this nasty crash scenario. I have a substack
with an image, where the user can paint with the brush tool within this
image of the substack. Everything works fine, so far, as you leave the
window of the substack with pressed mousebutton (brush). Now Rev crashes,
the IDE as well as a standalone. No fall back to an script error or
something like that, just a plain crash ("Rev has encountered some
problems."). Btw. When leaving the image and substack with a not pressed
mousebutton, I change the tool automatically to the browse tool and that
works fine.

I am looking for any workaround, to capture this situation, like changing
the brush tool back to browse tool, when leaving the substack, but don't
find any approach. Testing for mouseleave or mousewithin fails, because they
are not triggered with a pressed mousebutton.

Has anybody any idea for another approach, how I could trigger, if the mouse
is leaving the image or stack with a pressed mousebutton, to switch the tool
back to browse tool? - In the hope that this will be a workaround for the
Rev crash?

Anny hint very welcome

Tiemo