repeat question

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 21:53:51 EST 2009

I don't know the reason why, but your conclusion would appear logical. All I
know is that Richard Gaskin recommends when speed is of the essence always
test various solutions to determine the fastest, so you seem to be on the
right track:-)

On a slightly different note, I would like to hilight a gotcha when working
with the 'word' keyword in Rev. One may assume that in "Help, please?" word
1 is 'Help' and word 2 or word -1 is 'please', but this is not the case. As
fully explained in the Docs a word is whatever is between one or more
spaces, tabs, cr or quotes. So in the above case the words are 'Help,' and
'please?' ie including punctuation. Which of course is no good if you are
testing for an exact match to 'Help' or 'please'.

I had a script that scoured pages of text that appeared to randomly fail to
find certain key terms. It was extremely rare and took ages to track down as
it only occured when the key terms were followed by a punctuation mark and
therefore failed to match and trigger the desired script.

HTH someone.