Fun with layers.

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 11 11:24:39 EST 2009

I have been having a lot of fun this week having returned to
Bulgaria with 3 KEYNEEDS keyboards and connecting them
to my Ubuntu Boxes down in the school:

http://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?WebProductID=558423

Of course the kids couldn't believe their eyes, and the results
were largely as expected: not half as much as time wasted while
kids search for the letters on the keyboard.

To get them up to speed I knocked together a quickie program
for them.

This is the first time I have used this sort of command:

set the layer of img "XYZ" to top.

A version of the base stack is now available at revOnline:

"KEYER.rev" under 'Richmond'

unfortunately, the "price" of uploading "KEYER" is that I have had
to delete the "LOCATION" stack: if anybody wants this then please
contact me off-list.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.