Stack name of a standaone

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri Jan 9 12:36:38 EST 2009

I need to read a property of a standalone stack from another main
stack that has been called by the standalone.

Anybody know a reliable way to get the stack name of a stack that has
been turned into a standalone, from within another stack that the
standalone has launched? It's easy to get the name of the standalone
stack when that's the active stack, just by getting 'the short name of
this stack'. But once that stack launches another stack, how do you do
it reliably? Here are the tools I know about:

the address - the name of the system the app is running on followed by
the path to the app. But the app name isn't necessarily the same as
the short name.

the stacks - returns a list of the filenames of stack files with
currently open stacks

the openStacks - returns a list of the short names of all open stacks
(The name I want is in there, but where? Would it always be the first
in the list? Last in the list?)

revLoadedStacks(application) - returns a list of the short names of
all non-rev stacks loaded into memory (But ditto the above. Where is
the name of the standalone stack?)

the mainstacks - a list of main stacks loaded into memory. (Same
problem.)

If I knew for sure that the name of the standalone stack ALWAYS came
first in these lists, I could get what I need.

What I really need is 'the short name of the standaloneStack'.

Anybody know?

Regards,

Devin

Devin Asay