OT: worse video rendering on Vista vs. XP

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Jan 9 08:13:31 EST 2009

Hello,

My app plays mov videos and the stack is resizable, including the
videoplayer. Comparing the quality of the video rendering on Vista and Win
XP there is a big difference.

Playing the video in the original size, the quality on both systems is
comparable good.

But when resizing the video, making it bigger, XP seems to have a much
better rendering engine as Vista. On Vista the increased Video looks very
poor fragmented, as a very bad compressed jpg. I know, that the video can't
keep the original quality, when resizing (bigger), but I wonder what makes
the difference between XP and Vista. Perhaps some gimmick Vista options as
the aero look have an influence on the video quality, but actually I don't
even know, where to switch off the aero look for testing.

Any experience with this behaviour out there or any ideas where to start
searching?

Thanks

Tiemo