Newbie question re path names

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Jan 8 20:04:05 EST 2009

BTW this is not a revolution issue but an OS one. This is how the OS
refers to the root of the startup volume. The first slash means "The
startup drive". For other volumes you would access the mount point
folder which is Volumes i.e. /Volumes/My Other Drive/Some Folder/...

To access the home folder of the currently logged in user you start
with a tilde ~ i.e. ~/Documents/Some Folder/...

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager
Logos Management
Calvary Chapel CM