Sliding Divider-Resizer Object

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Thu Jan 8 12:04:19 EST 2009

At first blush I would have made two fields kind of locked together, that is,
the bot of the top field tracks the top of the bottom field. You don't need a
button. And isn't this the way you really want it, that the total height of
both fields is fixed? That the text of the top field is completely independent
of the text in the bottom? Both fields can scroll, for example, if authored
this way.

To resize, in each field script, you simply check to see if you are within a
few pixels of the common border, and if so, change the cursor (or something)
and enter a repeat loop if the mouse is down. Set the tops and bots, and exit
the loop when the mouse is up.

You can always add a visual gadget of some kind that also tracks the common
border. In HC I might use a thin button, in Rev I bet there are much more
colorful choices.

Craig Newman