Imported Images As Controls

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Jan 6 15:43:50 EST 2009

Recently, Bob Sneidar wrote:

> I am having fits using imported images as controls. The problem is not
> in using them, but rather in their insistence on reverting to their
> original size! If I cut and paste it reverts. If I edit a group that
> contains a scaled imported image, it reverts. If I drop an 800x600
> picture as a background on a 640x480 card (as an example), size the
> picture to the size of the card, close and save the stack then reopen
> it, it reverts.
>
> Is this the intended behavior of imported controls or is this a bug?

I'm not sure if the behavior is intended, but in your case it is obviously
not desired.

To keep an imported image scaled at whatever size you set, set the image's
lockLoc to true.  Alternately, you can scale the original image/s to the
desired size before importing them.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director